Food and Beverage Business
Finance

Local investor E3 Holding acquires German bakery Pema

Local investor E3 Holding acquires German bakery Pema Bakery and Cereal Food and Beverage Business

E3 Holding, a German investment group, has acquired a majority stake in Pema, a local rye bread producer. The investor purchased 74% of the company, while the Leupoldt family, the former owners, retained the remaining 26% share. Pema’s rye bread portfolio includes a variety of products such as high protein, multi-grain, sunflower, and chia-infused bread, along with a gluten-free rice-based option. These products are supplied to retailers across Germany. The company, based in Weißenstadt, Bavaria, employs around 160 individuals and currently generates annual sales in the double-digit million euro range.

Former shareholder Dr. Laura Krainz-Leupoldt will continue to be involved with Pema in an advisory capacity. She expressed her satisfaction with the acquisition, stating, “As a family that feels a strong connection to the employees, the suppliers and the entire region, we have now found a new main owner who shares our values ​​and will develop the company in our spirit.”

Olivier Weddrien, the founder and CEO of E3 Holding, highlighted the strengths of Pema as a well-managed, traditional company with an excellent product range. He emphasized the long-term commitment of E3 Holding to support Pema in realizing its full growth potential.

This acquisition marks the second investment by E3 Holding in the food industry, following the purchase of Konrad Böhnlein, a local salami, bratwurst, and sliced ham processor. E3 Holding has strategically expanded its portfolio with a focus on mindful and prudent investment decisions. The group aims to ensure a good fit between the company and its current owners in each transaction.

In addition to Pema and Konrad Böhnlein, E3 Holding has investments in other sectors such as cybersecurity consultancy Coligo and cleanroom solutions provider Clean-tek. With a careful and deliberate approach, E3 Holding continues to build a diverse and sustainable investment portfolio in the food and beverage industry.

Related posts

Lifeway Foods CEO urged to step down by family members

FAB Team

Grounded Capital invests in Straus Family Creamery

FAB Team

Listeria in plant-based milk linked to two deaths in Canada

FAB Team